For it’s 2nd year running SAFW & Renault are giving designers a chance to establish themselves and/or their brands in the South African fashion industry.
The SAFW Renault New Talent Search is one of the most established and prestigious fashion talent searches with a unique concept that has been created by Fashion icons Lucilla Booyzen and Dion Chang to give young designers the opportunity to build their brands and develop their talent. in South Africa. It is an annual competition that not only identifies South Africa’s hottest design talent, but also provides the winning designer with a springboard (and therefore competitive business advantage) into SA’s vibrant fashion arena.
* The winner receives a R20,000 cash prize from Renault South Africa to help further their fashion business
* The winner also receives the use of a branded Renault Megane Coupe for a year (inclusive of insurance, but excluding petrol) valued at R60,000.00
* The winner will get the opportunity to show a satellite Collection as part of a 4 designer package at the SAFW Spring/Summer 2014 season 6 months after the SAFW Renault New Talent Search to the value of R 12,027,00.
* The winner will be flown to Berlin to attend Berlin Fashion Week as part of a travel seminar in June 2014 to the value of R30,000,00.
* Representation by The Fashion Agent for 1 year
* All finalists will be granted access to the Buyers Lounge A/W 2013 not to sell but to engage with buyers and conduct market research for their own brands during the two days to the value of R3 420,00.
* All the finalists get another opportunity to access the buyers lounge for summer 2013/2014, a second season in the SAFW buyers cycle, and another opportunity to refine their retail offering.
* All the finalists including the winner will receive space on the Renault South Africa stand at the SAFW Pop Up Shop in Sandton 2014 to the value of R7 000,00.
Total value of prize: ± R 130,000.00
Click HERE, to findout how to register & download the entry form. The deadline for submission is the 24th of June, 2013.