The half-moon manicure! Instead of a traditional French manicure, which highlights the tips of your nails, this one features a color (often a lighter color) on the moon of your nails. Although it may look tough to recreate, we found it quite simple to do ourselves! Here's a tutorial.
How to get half-moon nails:
*Silver metallic or glitter polish
*10 reinforcement stickers (like you may have used in high school to fix a tear on a 3 ring binder)
*Clear top coatSteps:
1. Start with clean, bare nails that have been filed.
2. Apply 1 to 2 coats of the silver polish (depending on the coverage of the polish). Be sure to paint your whole nail. If the color ends up showing through the navy polish it will just add a little sparkle, but it is important to have a smooth first layer. Let the polish dry for at least 30 minutes. It is important your nails are dry before placing the reinforcement stickers on them or else the stickers will peel off the polish and you will have to start all over again. Oh no!
3. Once nails are completely dry, place a reinforcement sticker on each nail with the outside of the sticker mimicking the shape of the moon of your nail. Cutting a slit in each sticker will allow the stickers lay more evenly on each nail. You can decide what size you would like the moons to be, but it is important that the size stay consistent across all your nails for it to look right. Once they are all placed where you would like them, apply pressure to each making sure they are secure to your nail.
4. Now paint the top half or your nail with 2 coats of navy blue polish. Let this coat dry for at least 10 mins.
5. Once that's dry, carefully pull the reinforcement stickers off of each nail.
6. Finish with a clear top coat.
Get more photos of this tutorial here.