EKI ORLEANS FLUTTER OF BUTTERFLIES FOR SPRING/SUMMER 2013

eki-orleans-SS13-1 eki-orleans-SS13-2
This latest collection is thoughtfully named ‘Butterflies’ as I returned to nature for inspiration. During the creation stage for this collection, I found inspiration in the beauty of butterflies. It was on my last trip to Mauritius, where I encountered a flutter of beautiful butterflies and was instantly mesmerized. ‘It is the soft innocence and gracefulness of these species that I tried to capture in my SS13 collection. We used a lot of white fabrics to showcase the purity, against the vivid orange and fuchsia colours, which for me, beautifully portrays the energy that is brought to us through the wisdom of these delicate creatures. We often forget what changes they have gone through to blossom to that beauty and I wanted to create pieces that were pure and angelic.’ The feeling of love can be associated with a butterfly. Hold it too close, and you risk crushing its delicate structure. Loosen your grip and it could fly away. We have tried to capture this delicate feature by creating pieces, which drape off the body, evoking a sensuality found in every woman.

More from the collection after the jump.

eki-orleans-SS13-4 eki-orleans-SS13-6

eki-orleans-SS13-8 eki-orleans-SS13-9

eki-orleans-SS13-3 eki-orleans-SS13-7

Model: Emeli Stenman
Photographer: Robert Smith
Official website: www.ekiorleans.com

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments