Kanebi The IKENGA :Meet the Play Records music artist.




Kanebi The Ikenga: the Play Records recording Artist came into the Nigerian hip hop scene in 2010 with a song called 'MONEY' ft BUSH and RILWAN on the PLAY RECORDS OUTSIDERS MIXTAPE. He's been on tour with Nigerian artists such as Lynxxx, Tiwa Savage, Davido, DJzeez, Sauce Kid, EjayBlackmagic amongst others on the 'Pepsi and friends' tour. 

Since then. Kanebi has put out a couple of freestyle verses such as 'Dont Mess with me' and 'The Usain Bolt flow' online that set a platform for his unique style.
fresh off his forthcoming album "THE IKENGA", Kanebi teams up with the brilliant producer and Artist, MrWalz with INSEPARABALE: Its fresh, its rocking and its definitely a banger!

RealTime Fix Blog sat down with the talented artist to learn more about him, his music and his plans for the future.

Tell us about your background, growing up and your musical influences.

Well, i'm from Delta state, grew up in Lagos , Surulere before I moved to the Island. My influences straight raw hardcore hip hop from Pac, Biggie Pac, Nas, Jay Z.

That's an impressive list of influences,How did you get started in music? what made you decide on music as a career?

Well it made me happy and very confident, I felt like superman LOL...

You have just released a new single 'INSEPARABLE', tell us about the process.

Very long and stressfull process, I had to record over and over again to get the right verses and hooks arrangement, then the mixing and the mastering took 2 months to sort out.

Wow! That is a lot of work. Where can we download this song?

Link for download HERE

Do you play any musical Instruments?
Nah, but I produce with music editing software.

Where would you most like to perform?
Hmmmmm Lol, anywhere that shows me love. I would like to perform at the Abuja National Stadium.

The Nigerian music industry has grown tremendously over the past few years, which artist would you love to work with and why?

I would love to work with 2face and Wande Coal, because they are my favorite Nigerian artist, they have a certain aura that you can't find in Africa.

Any New upcoming Gigs for you?

Yea, on the 23rd of February, Play pool party in Abuja, and  27th of February 2013, Industry night.

If you could dabble into another genre of music which would it be?

Hmm ...Techno Dance, but as a producer.

What kind of music do you listen to besides rap?
RnB, Pop, Classic, Dance, House

What Inspires you most?
 Trials and Tribulations

What hidden talents do you have?
... my sense of humour.

Best advice ever given?

Go to Church, and Pray.

Any fitness routine?

Lol, not really, but I play football

How would you describe your personal style? what would we find most in your closet?

I like to mix a bit. jeans and Tee shirts, beach shorts for when i'm out in the sun, I love suits, I never miss a chance to wear a blazer. Sneakers too, boat shoes.

Most ladies want to know if you are single. are you?
I have a single out. Lol. Lets just say i'm focused. Lol

Favourite food/ Colour?
Suya, fav colour... black

Any Shoutouts?
Shout out to Play Records

Thank you for speaking with us.
 My Pleasure.





Comments