'I miss D'banj' - D'Prince

D'Prince 
Don Jazzy’s younger brother tells ThisDay Style he has no regrets on the former label breakup…

Was your desire for music influenced by your older brother’s footsteps?
My big brother has always been an influence for sure. But in a way, in our house, you have no choice than to enjoy music growing up. Someone was always singing or dancing or something. Don Jazzy set the way when he took the bold step to set his label. That only helped to make my mind up.

Having released four hit singles, are you likely to release an album soon?
The new album is coming up and I promise it’s going to be hot! We are working in the studio constantly because I really want the first one to be a classic. We have been waiting for MAVIN to take off before releasing but you can expect the album really soon.

When the Mo’Hits records was dissolved, were you torn between the decision to take sides with your brother or D’banj?
(Laughs) Don Jazzy was my big bro so decision was not hard to take.

Do you have any regrets on the break-up?
I miss him but we wish each other all the best and I’m sure God will take us to greater things.

Do you have any regret on the breakup?
No regrets at all because I still see it as business as usual. In terms of MAVIN, there are some new faces here and there but our operations are more or less the same. What we didn't achieve at Mo’Hits, God will allow us to do at MAVIN.

What advice would you give to anyone who is trying to break into the Nigerian entertainment industry?
Be persistent, be original. I would also advice anyone to be strong and dedicated because the entertainment industry is a tough one.

Which famous musician do you draw inspiration from?
So many of them but musically I like Fela, Jay-Z and Michael Jackson.






Comments