The Black Sunday




I have thought of all the ways I could possibly make a tribute to the People that have lost their lives in the plane crash. I came in to work early today, sitting alone on my desk dressed in black head to toe. I have tweeted about it and have prayed.
I know nothing we do now will reverse what has happened or even replace the sad dark cloud looming over the country.

Like I tweeted last night, " I cant help but imagine what must have been going through the minds of the passengers before the hit

I have been on a local flight from Lagos to Abuja, that for several moments I was so afraid we may not land, the plane kept jerking, loosing altitude every few minutes and the feeling of helplessness, not being able to just say ‘STOP’ I want to go down here! enveloped me, I was face to face with my worst nightmare. 

All I could think of was my family, my young nieces and nephews, friends… my whole life in a matter of seconds, and I tried to pray but had intervals of accepting the fact that I may not make it to land. I was scared to death. I am here to tell this scary story, not because I am better, but for whatever reason the 153 passengers on the ill fated Dana air flight are not here to share their story. 

No body can and will ever understand why some people are lucky and escape death while others are not. It goes beyond being good or bad, religious or non-religious. its just something that we may never really understand.

The motive to this short story is to say, that I know how it feels to be face to face with death,  and the feeling of helplessness, hanging on to every little faith you can muster, knowing that you may not come out alive from a situation you have no control over. It is the worst feeling ever known to man !!!

My deepest condolences to the families that lost loved ones and I am and will constantly pray for them & Nigeria as a whole. God bless You and Us.

Comments